Covid Appointment Guidance
Welcome to your COVID-19 Safe Guide from Safestyle
Thank you for inviting us into your home. As we come out of National lockdown, we'd just like to reassure you that our number one priority is keeping you, your family and our colleagues safe.
With the right care and consideration it's perfectly possible for us to carry out consultations in your home, demonstrate products and answer all your questions whilst keeping everyone safe. This guide sets out precisely how we'll go about it, following the latest Government scientific and industry advice (at time of writing).
What we will do
To set your mind at rest, we promise any of our colleagues that visit your home will:
- Have been assessed and determined free from COVID-19 symptoms
- Be fully aware of safety procedures and stick to the Government guidelines
- Keep a safe distance from you
- Wash or sanitise hands before entering
- Disinfect product samples thoroughly before bringing them into your home
- Clean the samples again (in front of you) if you ask them to
- Give you sanitary gloves if you wish to handle the samples
- Only enter rooms we need to measure
- Wear the correct PPE, including gloves, face mask and over-shoe protectors
What we'll need you to do
- Isolate any pets
- Keep a minimum of 2 metres away
- Keep your home as ventilated as possible
- Avoid letting visitors into your home during your appointment
...and while it would normally be welcome if you offered a cup of tea or other refreshments, right now it's best if you don't. But thank you anyway.
What we need to know before the visit
The safety of everyone is our top priority, so here's a few things to consider.
1. Is anyone in your household deemed high risk, self-isolating or showing symptoms of COVID-19?
If so, unfortunately, we'll be unable to carry out the sales appointment. But don't worry - we'll be in touch to rearrange in 14 days. However, if you prefer not to wait we could have a video call presentation instead.
2. What will Safestyle do to keep me safe?
We'll do everything we can to minimise any risk to you and will carry out Risk Assessments at every stage. And just to reassure you, our colleagues will sign a declaration that they're fit to work, wear all the necessary PPE and keep a safe distance at all times.
3. Are there any sick or elderly people living in your home?
If anyone in your home is considered Extra Vulnerable (as outlined in Government guidance), we won't be able to visit - but we CAN if a) they're elderly but with no underlying health problems, or b) you can safely isolate them during our visit. So we'll assess your situation on an individual basis.
4. Could visiting your home put Safestyle colleagues at risk?
Before the visit, we'll ask you to fill out a Homeowner Self Assessment to confirm that no-one in your home is self-isolating or showing COVID-19 symptoms. If they are, we'll need to reschedule the appointment in 14 days or again we could have a video call presentation instead./p>
What you can expect on the day
- We'll arrive at the agreed date and time
- We'll confirm with you that neither we nor anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19
- We'll ask you to show us to a part of your home where we can sit and chat with you while sticking to safety guidelines
- At the end of the appointment, we'll clean and disinfect everything we've touched Please note that if anyone shows any symptoms during the visit, we'll have to excuse ourselves and leave immediately
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We'll do everything we can to keep you and your family safe. For the whole of the visit, our colleague will wear a mask, gloves and protective overshoes, and take them away for safe disposal after the appointment.
If you'd like to know more...
You can find more information by following these useful links:
We'll update this guide as and when Government advice changes. Thanks once again! We're looking forward to meeting you. In the meantime, please stay safe.